Products and Services
- Growth rate: ADG of 0.3-0.7 g, depending on stocking density, water quality, feeds, and other factors.
- Disease resistance: Routinely selected for resistance to TSV, WSSV, EMS, and IMNV
- Reproductive performance: With feeding of live polychaete worms, females produce 400,000 nauplii/spawn with 20% spawning/night. Without live worms (recommended for biosecurity), females produce 250,000 nauplii/spawn with 15% spawning/night.
- Kona Bay EMS and WSSV resistant L. vannamei: Currently under field testing in Malaysia. Expected release in mid 2017
- Kona Bay black tiger shrimp (P. monodon): This genetic line was developed in collaboration with Brunei Department of Fisheries from 2007 to 2015. Families are now under quarantine and multiplication in Kauai. Expected release in late 2017.
Kona Bay Pacific White ShrimpLitopenaeus vannamei
Soon to Come
Kona Bay offers several levels of technical service ranging from troubleshooting to complete hatchery management. Contact the Kona Bay office for a customized program designed for your needs.